Moto360 review

I bought the Moto360 after reviewing a few smart watches, including the Apple watch. The Google store had it on sale for $150 and they said it worked with iPhone 6 plus. So I got it and tried to pair it with my iPhone but would not, the watch had an earlier firmware. I also have a Samsung S3 (wifi only) so I paired it with that, charged it fully overnight and it also updated to the latest firmware automatically. I then did a factory reset and was now able to pair it to the iPhone 6 plus via the Android Wear app from Google. I could get notifications, texts, fb messages, and call notifications. However, I could not install third party apps via the Android wear app, just change the faces on it.


I'm seeing some interesting apps in the google playstore and started playing around to see if I can install them. I ran across an app called Aerlink I installed it on the S3. Then did a factory reset on the watch and paired it, again, to the Android phone. More apps now transferred over that were on my android phone like Skype, Play music, foursquare, and many more faces. As well as, Aerlink. I also downloaded Aerlink on the iPhone opened it up and opened it on the watch. The watch noticed it and gave me the pair code, and the iPhone allowed me to input it. Now I can get notifications from both my Android and iPhone on the watch, as well as control the music on the iPhone. However, now the time is off by a few hours, I did a restart and still the same. To solve this, I reset the watch once again, paired with the S3, The Aerlink app transfer's over to the watch. Launch the Aerlink app and switch IOS settings to on, Code will pop up. Open the Aerlink app on the iPhone, wait a few seconds and you should get a prompt to enter the code. Now time is synced, and notifications come in from iPhone as well as iTunes control AND you get many more apps and faces via the Android phone without carrying the android device with you. This is a fix until (if) apple allows third party apps direct through the Android wear app. Stay tuned to this blog for updates. If you have another fix feel free to leave in the comments or in the AndroidRoot.me community on Google +.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 20 Best Android Hacking Apps

More new apps